Shaquan Duley, an Orangeburg mother who pleaded guilty to killing two of her children before staging a watery crash, is sentenced this morning to 35 years in prison.
The judge was considering a term between a minimum of 30 years to life.
The story prompted memories of Susan Smith, a Union County mother who killed her two sons by submerging her car into an Upstate lake before blaming their disappearance on a carjacking.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Spring Valley High Teen Killed in Early Morning Crash, Driver Charged
- Friends, Classmates Remember Spring Valley's Corey Stringfellow
- Update: Suspect in Shooting Death of Friend's Sister Turns Himself In
- Live Blog: Brett Parker's Daughter Testifies in Murder Trial
- Fort Jackson Commander Suspended After Misconduct Allegations