5 Strange Seasonal Jobs You Can Apply for Now
From elf to horse groomer, here's how to make some cash when typical jobs just aren't cutting it.
The road to success is bumpy at best. If you find yourself needing a little cash before the holidays, pick up one of these strange-but-paying jobs. Don't feel bad. Rod Steward was a gravedigger before he struck it rich and Jimmy Stewart was a magician's assistant.
1. Ghoul/Chainsaw Killer: Hall of Horrors in Cayce is taking applications online for part of their staff. That is, if you can get through the haunted house the first time and want to go back for more.
2. Elf-OK, so you probably won't fall madly in love with Zooey Deschanel, but I dare you to resist the temptation to say "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"
3. Forest Fire Lookout: As dead leaves and dry branches accumulate, a risk of wildfire grows. You can actually get paid to make sure that doesn't happen. There are currently 179 forest fire lookouts in South Carolina, including Blythewood and Fort Jackson.
4. Human Scarecrow: This idea actually comes from our friends at Huffington Post. You find a private company who has a problem with birds landing on something and then you shout about and ring a bell to keep them from landing.
5. Horse Groomer: A Craigslist posting from Aiken is looking for horse groomers. It's probably a little different from styling the mane of a My Pretty Pony, but not much.